The Everloom The Everloom

Woah... where do I get the soundtrack?

Kajenx responds:

EDIT: I uploaded the song here as well.

Swords and Potions Swords and Potions

I would love to rate this higher, but the microcharges are killing it. Frankly, this would get a MUCH higher rating if it was a hacked version without all the Microsoft-style real-money charges. I might even be willing to pay more to get advantages from being in a guild online, or downloading a deluxe or special edition for a one-time price. But paying to play longer is just a good way to scare gamers away.

It's a solid concept, and I look forward to other iterations of it, or this one being remedied.

Skinny Skinny

Fantastic Beauty

Brilliant Flash work. Simply mesmerizing. Simple, effective... you deserve every reward for the sound.

Where does the music come from? I'd love to hunt it down for my collection.

The Essay The Essay

Wow...

How did you get me to laugh and cheer so hard at a typing game? Well done!

Excellent choices of music, too. Very, very well done.

Arrival In Hell I Arrival In Hell I

Unfortunately, Not an Upgrade

The graphical upgrade is fairly low, and the voice over could probably use an overhaul. I remember playing this way back when, and it was fun enough, but this version actual has become much glitchier than I remember the original: several times in the first room alone I found my character jumping around the room, resetting from his commands. It made the game unplayable.

While I appreciate the effort, and you've got a good idea, this particular upgrade needs serious maintenance before it's re-release. Best of luck, and don't give up!

William and Sly William and Sly

Pure Magic

Use of animation, sound, and atmosphere are top notch. This deserves a place alongside Brackenwood for quality and dream-like whimsy. Exceptionally well done. Kajenx is a talent to watch.

Well done. More like this will be met with equal enthusiasm.

Upgrade Complete! Upgrade Complete!

Wow. A Game With a Moral. :)

A fun game, well put together. I'm guessing you were a bit bitter about a previous work, or that of a friend?

But your point is well taken. A game is as good as it is fun. No exceptions. And in making your point, you crafted a game that was fun, as well.

Try this. You'll laugh. More importantly, you'll have fun.

Edge of Sanity Edge of Sanity

Wow

I'm quite proud that I learned Flash overnight...without knowing it... unfortunately, I didn't make a game I could actually play... Hmmm...

Z-Wars Z-Wars

A fine job

While there aren't any new innovations to be found in Z-Wars, it passes the time and entertains. Updates might include new features, such as additional music, upgraded graphics, and so on.

As a side note, when I hear Z-Wars, I think of World War Z. So while this was a decent game, it was not a ZOMBIE turret defense, which had me excited.

Mastermind: WC Mastermind: WC

Best On NG Yet

I'm known for being charitable but honest when something is bad... and fair when it's good. I try not to exaggerate.

This is the best thing I've played on NG. Somehow better than Sonny.

The music, the voice acting (Which I wish I had been a part of), the sound, the system, the plot, the tutorial, the dynamics, graphics... If this were a huge game I had to buy in a store, it'd be worth my money. Seriously. You can sell this. Please bring it to a game design house, or otherwise expand on it. You are going places. I can't wait to see where next.

In terms of things that might benefit from a patch, a clearer save file would help. I didn't know about putting minions into the financial room until I stumbled onto it myself. Having a way to keep favorite minions alive, or bring them back from the dead, might be nice. And a little bit of moving lip animation in the miniclips, while not strictly necessary, would be a big help. Honestly, if you can, please bring us more of this. This is marvelous.

Well done. Keep up the good work. I'll be sending you a demo in case I can help with any future projects. If you like I can let a friend of mine at High Voltage Games know about this game, maybe have him contact you.

Have a good one. I know I did.